Monday, October 22, 2018

Week 4 blog forum


Topic 1- Code of Ethics:
"While photographing subjects do not intentionally contribute to, alter, or seek to alter or influence events."

This suggestion stands out to me, because this seems like it may be hardest to follow. You can accidently influence your photos. Beings this can happen so easily, you have to take great care in how you approach the subject.

"Respect the integrity of the photographic moment."

This suggestion goes hand in hand with the on stated above. By respecting the integrity of a moment, you won't change it to create the photo you want, but will follow it and take the best photo possible within your ability.

I would apply these rules the way I did when I photographed the Sirens. I let them know what I was doing, then waited a few minutes until they almost forgot that I was there, then I started taking pictures. I wanted to capture them "naturally", and not have them pose for the photos.

Topic 2- Favorite Student photos


photo by Ruth Nash
http://ruthjnash.blogspot.com/

I would say this is one of my favorites because the subject is well lit, you can tell it is a student, and it is cropped nearly perfectly. He has both of his hands!


photo by Brent Robinson
http://therealbrob.blogspot.com/

While I know there are some technical aspects that aren't "perfect"... This is still on of my favorites. I won't focus on what is wrong, but what is right. It is an interesting photo. I feel like the colors are almost like old film. The subject looks like he is about to go on an adventure. (Even if he's not.) The overall framing is pretty good. I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment