Friday, September 28, 2018

Humans of LBCC

Eric Stone

“I’m 39 years old and have been here at LBCC for nearly three years. As a child I was beat by my dad and put down by my mom almost daily, but I came out if it a stronger man. Now I focus on putting others first and helping people know their potential and worth. One way I do this is by being a Gideon. I help hand out bibles to young people and we've also spoke for the campus Crusade. I think everyone's college experience is different and it all depends on the friends you make. I love LBCC, it’s very
friendly environment
.”

Kayley Anderson

"I want to become an AG teacher and teach others about agriculture. I don’t think enough people know where the items that they’re using comes from. The clothes on their back, the food that they eat, even the flowers in your garden; Everything around us involves agriculture and I think it’s important for more people to know about that. If I wasn’t working toward being an AG teacher, I would probably still go for a different ag degree; probably forestry because I love being out in nature.”

William Wiltse

"I would say there are a lot of similarities between LBCC and state colleges. A lot of support, a lot of administration, a huge diverse range of classes. This is my final quarter at LBCC, I’m a psychology major, and I’ll be transferring to Oregon State. I am looking to use my degree to go into law enforcement. I don’t plan on going for the state police, but really any department in the state; city or county is what I am hoping for."

No comments:

Post a Comment