Friday, November 9, 2018

BLOG FORUM QUESTIONS FOR WEEK 7

:


TOPIC 1: MY NEIGHBORHOOD/MY HOMETOWN --
For the "My Hometown assignment, I will be shooting in Lebanon, OR. I chose this town because it is where I was born and raised, and still live in to this day.
For the portrait subject, I am hoping to photograph "The Can Man". He has been a staple in Lebanon for more than two decades.
My landmark of choice will most likely be Ralston Park, aka, Duck Park. As for an activity phot, I don't have any idea yet... I'm hoping while I'm out in the field something will catch my eye.

The most difficult photo to obtain will be of the Can Man. He is never in the same spot for very long, so I will have to drive around town looking for him. Then I will have to get his permission, and he is deaf and mute, so I will have to prepare a letter before my search.

TOPIC 2: TWO PHOTO STORY IDEAS  --  
I only have one idea so far for my photo story. I want to follow the owner of Kuhn Cinema in Lebanon OR for a couple days and capture the day to day activities required to run a movie theater.
To do this, I will need to contact the owner and staff to gain access for my story. I will need to see the projection room, lobby, and theater area beforehand to plan out my shots. I will have to schedule with the owner when I will be allowed to do so. With my photos, I will attempt to answer the who, what, when, where, and even the why...


No comments:

Post a Comment