Monday, November 26, 2018

Week 10 Forum

Topic One:

 My favorite photo this term was a toss up between a photo of Justen Noll, and two photos from the "Sirens" rehearsal. While I like the photo of the two girls a little more for the symmetry, I chose the group photo due to my use of angles to capture their faces in the reflection. Below is the chosen photo.



 I feel this photo shows how we were taught to get creative to get a decent photo. While it does feel a bit center balanced, I think the subject outweighs it's "Boringness".

I would have to say the biggest thing that has changed about my photo taking abilities is my understanding of the camera, and learning how hard sports photography is in a poor light situation.
I learned how to achieve long depth on a short lens by using the max F Stop, and this applies to sports photography as well. In a low light situation I did have to have a high shutter speed, a large F Stop, and an incredibly high ISO, which caused some grain in some photos.


Topic Two:

TERM GOALS:

Q1: My goals for this photo journalism class is to enhance my abilities with my camera in reference to taking photos for news.

A: I learned how to use Prime Lenses that are best for shallow depth of field and achieve a longer depth by closing the aperture. Better for sports photos, but you need a LOT of light.

Q2: I hope to learn the best type of photos to take depending on the story that is to be written.

A: Photos of people should always show their face if possible. No boring center framed shots. Check for background objects, etc.

Q3: I am hoping to get better at taking action photos. These require more thinking on your feet, and this is something I need work on when it comes to photography.

A: Large Fstop, High ISO, 1200+ Shutter speed.

Q4: I also hope to take at least 1,000 photos this term, based on the idea of, "The more you take, the better your odds of getting good photos."

A: I took roughly 1500 photos this term. (Nearly 600 at one volleyball game.)

Q5: I also plan on attending theater events at the school because these are student focused and involves many people with connections to LBCC.

A: I failed this quest.

Q6: I will probably attend a couple of sporting events. These are the events that will give the opportunity to really focus on action shots, which is something I am wanting to improve.

A: I attended the last home volleyball game which resulted with the Roadrunners winning, and two of my photos getting into the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment